The extreme climate of Texas leaves no other way than relying on HVAC systems no matter what season it is. The scorching summers call for an air conditioning system, whereas the biting winters need a heating system. However, like most things, HVAC units require routine maintenance and repair to last across seasons.
Anyone who has dealt with a broken HVAC unit amidst the extreme weather knows how much of a hassle HVAC repair in Sugar Land, TX, can be. Although technicians can fix any major issue in your HVAC system, it’s better to perform routine maintenance and HVAC repair right away. It also makes sure the issue doesn’t escalate and costs you a fortune later.
How much do HVAC repairs cost?
Usually, the cost of repairs depends on the HVAC unit type and how big the problem is.
- Air conditioner repairs cost about $125 to $459
- Furnace repairs cost about $125-$355
- A complete system tune-up may cost you anywhere between $135-$300
However, the cost for HVAC repair in Sugar Land, TX, is more than that because you might have to spend more on spare parts and additional services.
Labor costs for HVAC repair
HVAC technicians usually charge $75 to $150 per hour for labor, yet the service call is free of cost. However, some of the charges might be deducted from your final bill as the first hour of work.
Emergency calls after business hours are the most expensive. These emergency services usually vary from $140 to $210 per hour; extensive emergency repairs can cost up to $600 per hour.
How much does HVAC maintenance cost?
Periodic tune-ups and maintenance can keep your HVAC unit in top condition. Average servicing costs can be as follows:
- Air handler tune-up: $85 to $175
- Furnace tune-up: $99 to $200
- Complete system tune-up: $135 to $300
- An annual service agreement with two tune-ups: $150 to $350
Common HVAC Issues and their costs
An HVAC system houses many elements which can malfunction or break. Thankfully, those parts can be fixed by timely HVAC repair at average costs listed below:
- Clogged air filter: $75 to $195
- Damaged compressor pump: $1,000 to $2,500
- Faulty fuse or breaker: $30 to $300
- Malfunctioning circuit board: $100 to $150
- Thermostat replacement: $50 to $450
- Broken blower: $100 to $150
- Broken capacitor: $200 to $250
- Broken expansion valve: $150 to $200
- Freon leak: $200 to $1,500
- Evaporator coil leak: $250 to $2,000
HVAC repairs and maintenance can cost you a fortune if you do not address the issue on time. Make sure the services are worth the money you spend by contacting Mega A/C Cooling & Heating. With over 20 years of experience, they offer the best HVAC repair and services in Richmond, Sugar Land, and surrounding areas.
Call us at 281-774-8669 to schedule a service at reasonable prices and learn more about our maintenance plan.